Thursday, June 9, 2011

Magnetic Make-Up Box

I have to admit I'm completely excited and literally in love with my newest project!!
Its a Magnetic Make-Up Box!!

Our bathroom cabinets are super small. With all my husbands stuff, my hair and nail kits and a few other things, my poor make-up box wouldn't fit. And I hate having it just sitting on the counter. So I made this... 

My old box with make-up just thrown around inside.

Then after super gluing a piece of metal to the inside that I got at Lowe's for about 7 bucks (find it in the hardware section and it comes in a big sheet, you need special scissors to cut it. Luckily my husband had a pair)
I painted it black. The metal made the paint separate a little, a second coat would of fixed this, but I like the way it looked. Oh if you want to do this do not use Magnetic sheets that you can get at Wal-Mart, they don't work...I tried!


Then I made a stencil and painted the out side of the box to match the colors in our bathroom.


Then hung them up and added make-up.


I just added a self-adhesive small round magnet to the back of each piece of make-up.
And I painted an old pill bottle to hold all my brushes and eye liner.


Super cute and it keeps all my make-up organized. And I can see all my make-up better so hopefully I'll use more or ones I don't usually use. YAY!!


1 comment: