Monday, June 13, 2011

Repurposed Shirts

I recently did a spring cleaning of my closet. I went thru all of my cloths and decided to get rid of everything that not only didn't fit or were just old, but things that I felt didn't fit my age anymore. I want a more grown up, sophisticated look and the two shirts I use for these projects definitely didn't fit that, but were still kinda cute. So I made some fabric flowers and a puppy bed out of them.


The fabric flowers that turned out super cute!!

And here's how I made them


First cut out 13 to 14 circles from your fabric


Next take 1 circle and lay it flat on your table, take 2 more circles, fold each in half and secure both in the middle onto your 1st circle. (You could totally use some hot glue to secure all your fabric pieces down, but I was making this for my puppy and felt that sewing them would be an all around better idea)


Next take 2 more circles folded in half and secure them down going in the opposite direction as the firsts 


Then take 4 circles and fold each in half, then in half again, secure in middle.
Continue this step until all you circles are have been used, give flower a good fluffing and your done.

On one of the flowers I stitched a clip to the back, which makes it great to use anywhere as a cute accessory.


Place on a bag, purse, gift box...


Straight in your hair, on a headband, on a necklace....


Or as a cute, fun brooch. The possibilities are literally endless!!


This one was made with love for my cute puppy


She is about ten years old and loves to lay out side and just bask in the sunshine. She would just usually lay on the ground but with her getting older she needed something that was a little softer. So with the same shirts I made a slip for a old couch pillow and added the flower to make it a little more girlie for her.


Now she can take a comfy nap in the sun! Love Her!!






1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT! im gonna do that right now for ashley! Thank you for the tutorial. And im the same way about cloths, its like ok i wanna be a grown up now lol

    ReplyDelete