Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Sentimental Home Decor

I love decorating my home with things that have a personal meaning to my husband and I. It's way more special when a guest asks "What's that a picture of?" or "Where did you get that?" and you can give them a meaningful story instead of just saying, oh I got that at some boring store in the clearance isle.

While hanging up family photos is a great way to decorate, sometimes its not very fun.

Here's a few fun examples of sentimental decor that I have in my home.

In the little glass jar are flatten pennies from the many little vacations we take.
We have some from San Fran & Sacramento, Ca - Forks, Wa - Newport, Or and others


It might be a little kiddish but its such a fun and very cheap souvenir



On the top shelve of our computer desk we decided to have pictures of all the celebrities we had meet.
We are huge fans of music in general and thought it would be fun to make like a litte music shrine.

Plus not everyone gets to meet Nikki Six!

And our newest addition to our home.
Our "Map Of Travels" haha


I took a cork board and mod podge a map to it. Super simple!!


Then we added some sewing pins to all the cities we have stay at down the west coast. (I know they are kinda hard to see, I'm thinking about getting new pins with bigger heads on them.) 
We love our little interactive sentimental art work!!! 
And can't wait to add more pins.....I'm thinking Montana!!


3 comments:

  1. oh man great minds think a like let me tell you! I also collect flattened pennies from our destitnation, i must admitt we dont have a ton but my favorite is a dinosour from the dino musuim in missouls. What all celebs have you meet? I know there is nikki sixx, galagar, but who else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love flat pennies!!! I get so excited when we find a new machine! Everyone thinks I'm a huge dork for doing so but I don't care!! And Gallagher is the only famous person I have meet but Ry has meet Static-X and Disturbed. Oh and I tried to comment on a few of your things but for some reason it wouldn't let me.....I'll try again lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am curious about your map! Did you use mod podge under and on top of the map too? Since it was so large, how did you make sure it all stayed nice and flat? (no bubbles)Does it make it difficult to put the pins in? Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete