Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Melted Crayon Hearts

I wanted to do a Valentine's day craft yesterday that was completely free. So I broke out my craft box and decide to melt some coloring crayons for a Valentine's Day mobile.  

Start with a sheet of waxed paper. Spread out some wax-crayon shavings (made with a handheld pencil sharpener) Cover with clean piece of wax paper. Crimp edges with a 1/2-inch fold to hold the shavings. Protect your ironing surface with craft paper, or a old shirt you don't care about. Place the waxed paper on iron surface, and cover it with another shirt. Iron lightly on medium heat, checking after every few passes. Stop when all the shavings have melted; let cool. Next, trace and cut out hearts of various sizes. Then string up on your mobile. 

I Love the way it looks in the window. That way the sun can shine thur.




1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!! YOU got that from Martha Stewart becuase I was soooooo going to do that tonight!!! I love it! We think so much alike sometimes its scary. I love yours super cute and I like the way you made your like a mobile, I was gonna do that too because I didn't like how they just like taped it to the window sill..nnot very finished looking. Yours are great though :) I am so into Valentine's Day this year, I don't know why. Im also gonna go the the scrap book store and get pretty paper to make the heart garland chain thing. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete