Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Not So Awesome Surprise Cake

Even though I'm not so happy with the way my Valentine's Day heart surprise cake turned out I still thought I would share it.

I knew as soon as all my white cake was done baking that I used a pan that was way to big. It didn't give me the height I needed to carve out the heart without breaking threw the top and bottom of the cake. But I still tried.  


Just looks like a regular cake right?


But when you cut into it....


Theres a heart surprise!!!!

I so wanted this to turn out perfect. A perfect cake with a perfect heart with perfect frosting. Oh well, this was a very good learning experience (and it was still really yummy!!!!) I can't wait to try it again next year.

Click here for a small tutorial on how to make your own surprise cake.


2 comments:

  1. Super cute! How did you do that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You and Just copy & paste this link.
    http://sweetpeppermintkisses.blogspot.com/p/heart-surprise-cake-tutorial.html

    ReplyDelete