Monday, January 31, 2011

Fabric Flower Rosettes

I had some magnets on a message board. Every time I walked by I couldn't help but stare at them. There wasn't anything really wrong with them but they just weren't that cute. So I decided to take some left over fabric and ribbon and make these cute little flower rosettes to cover up some not so pretty magnets.


First cut an inch or two thick piece of fabric. Twist fabric until you have like a fabric rope.

Then fold in half and twist again.
I twisted in a piece of green ribbon to add some color.
Then add a drop of hot glue in the middle of your magnet and glue down the open end of your twisty fabric rope.
Wrap the rest of it in a tight circle around the piece that is glued down and secure at end with another drop of hot glue (Hot Glue Gun: the crafter's best friend!!!) 

Here's both of them all done
I took a button and some black thread and added it thur the button to make it look like I sewed it to the magnet, but I didn't. ssshh Don't tell!! Just added another drop of hot glue to hold the button in place. Way better!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment