Sunday, May 15, 2011

B.Y.O.M.

Over the weekend we had a B.Y.O.M. (bring your own meat) BBQ party to celebrate our new home and to welcome in summer. 

A week before the BBQ my mother and I made some invitation to hand out. At first we were just going to do a plain old card style invite with a picture of the sun and maybe some food. As we started to make them I came up with a brilliant idea to just make a huge (and I mean huge) steak and just print out the invite and glue it to the back, so that's what we did.


They turned out super cute, different, and so clever plus everyone loved them! 

As a desert for the party I decided to make hamburger cake pops.


Yummy little cake pops that have layers of different colored chocolate.
These didn't turn out perfect like I had hoped. For some reason I struggle when trying to dip things in chocolate but they still were yummy (that stand was full of cake pops at the beginning of the BBQ) and everyone totally got that they were hamburgers. Job well done!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE CAKE POPS! The ones from starbucks are soooo yummy! Yours look great and yummy and super cute invites!!!

    ReplyDelete