Thursday, January 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Board

Ever forgot someones birthday or even anniversary? I know when I do I feel so horrible and guilty. Hopefully that won't happen any more now that I made myself a Happy Birthday board.

For the board you will need: a board, knob or hook, spray paint, vinyl and vinyl machine

For the tags you will need: ribbon, cardstock and a way to write on the names and dates. I used vinyl but you could write it on or use scrapbook stickers or whatever! The possibilities are endless!

Spray paint the board with your base color. Lately my favorite color is green, so green it was. Let it dry completely.

While the paint is drying, use your Silhouette, Cricut or create a stencil by hand. I used my Cricut and vinyl to create the text “Birthday Blessings”

Then I cut these tags out with my Cricut and hot glued green ribbon on the back to hang them with!

After board was done drying completely I lightly sanded the edges to give it a distressed look.

Then I added the ''Birthday Blessings" saying that I cut out with the Cricut. Press it down well with a bone folder, a Popsicle stick, the back of a butter knife or anything like that to make sure the vinyl sticks well.
Don’t you LOVE the birthday candle for the “I”?

Attach a knob or a hook to your board. Love my baby screwdriver!!! (Thank you hubby!!)

Then, I used the Cricut to cut more vinyl with each family member’s name and birthday.

 Then you’re done! My husband likes this and thinks it looks good just the way it is, but I say it needs something else. What? I don't know, so for now this project is To Be Continued...


1 comment:

  1. Your photo looks just beautiful! Your so lovely Nicole!

    ReplyDelete